Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 20: Day of Nothing

Sadly, my day of nothing worked. I say sadly, because I don't want to have to do nothing just to feel ok. I woke up extremely late (12:50pm), but otherwise everything else went fine and I stuck to just 1500mg of Diamox.

After writing last night, I did have another symptom that I just want to jot down here and will perhaps expand upon another day when I don't want to go to sleep so desperately: I got crazy food cravings. It actually happened the night before, also and I just forgot until it happened again. I know this is somehow connected to my silly disease, but I don't know how.

Tonight I am going to bed without eating crazy, without a crazy headache, simply with the insanity of someone who sat on the couch all day except when taking a break for the adventures of showering and feeding herself. woo. hoo. (lowercase is completely intentional... just like any sarcasm that you might be picking up!).

Well, I am just plain tuckered out, so off to bed with me.

'night.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Nicole. I am here to thank you for your visit to me and for taking the time to leave a comment [they mean so much to me, perhaps they shouldn't...too needy for recognition as one of my visitors suggested?]

    Sorry to read in your profile that you suffer from Crohn's disease, I know that can be awful-a young man of my acquaintance has had it most of his life and is finally being helped with Steroids.
    And I am impressed by your mathematics interest-I am someone who has a blank out in front of numbers.
    I am proud to be your first follower.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Moanie. Steroids are a wonderful thing for the Crohn's, I was taking them last year and was practically symptom-free, however, I found out by the Fall that I was a "positive responder" meaning that the steroids caused increased pressure in my eyes (a problem with my other disease, IIH)! So no more steroids for me, IF I want to keep my sight (which I do!). Luckily, my Crohn's symptoms have been behaving for the most part since I started eating gluten-free and dairy free. Now I just have to get IIH under control.

    As for my mathiness, it is my secret nerdy love :) I have to get back into the business of math-blogging, but that is for another night.

    Congratulations on being my first ever follower on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of those people prone to headaches, migraine and colds. Usually, my first recourse is White Flower Embrocation (embrocation.50webs.com), also called White Flower Oil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crohn's must be a really hard disease to live with. Sorry that you have to deal with it. :P

    I wanted to also tell you thanks for stopping by my blog! I ALWAYS love having new people...it makes my day. The nice comment was sweet. Hee hee.

    Hope to see you back there sometime soon!

    -Raven

    ReplyDelete