Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 1: An Experiment Begins

Yesterday was a big day at the neuro-ophthalmologist's office. He said, "There appears to be no active disease present." I heard him clearly, and my heart skipped a beat. I thought, This might just be worth it... the medical leave, the life on hold, all of the loneliness of these past months may actually have a pay off.

So here I am. Taking the next big step to making it all worth while: today I am decreasing my medication, as discussed with the doctor, to see if I can really cash this one in. Today I am taking 1500mg of Diamox, instead of 2000mg (I skipped my afternoon dose) and I am continuing this for three months. My doctor asked me to document my progress, so that is what this blog is for - to force me to document (otherwise I'll forget about it!).

Today has gone fine, so far. It is three hours past when I normally take my afternoon dose and, typically, I would be freaking out without it. However, I made a declaration last night, which I will repeat again here:
THIS IS GOING TO WORK.

In three months, I will be down to two pills, and maybe, a year from now I can start talking about having a baby. 

That is the path to wellness, along with continuing to eat right, staying stress-free (or as close as any human can manage that), and enjoying life. This is my blog to wellness, to help me document the journey.

*Disease I am conquering today: Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, also known as PseudoTumor Cerebri (for more info see www.ihrfoundation.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment