Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 2: Keeping My Eye on The Prize

Last night was hilarious. I could NOT sleep. Why is this funny, you ask? Simply due to the reason I couldn't sleep - I was HOT. That is the complete OPPOSITE of everything I have been feeling for the last couple of weeks, but we totally overdid it last night. On top of my five blankets I sleep with (one of which is an electric blanket), and having the heat n in the house, we positioned a space heater, on high right next to my side of the bed. It was torture. I fell asleep at six in the morning and woke at about 11:30 am.

I enter this here, because I am sure that had ill-effects on my day. At around 5pm I got a headache, not a terrible one, but I can't say it didn't worry me. However, I decided not to freak out and think about some non-disease related reasons why I might have had this headaache:
  • stupid sleep pattern
  • silly eating (gluten-free cereal for breakfast, but no lunch!)
  • dehydration - I don't think I have been drinking enough water while home
  • emotional stress - Dr. Oz had a segment on cancer that I thought it would be a good idea for me to watch due to family history and such. I had to walk away from the TV when one story sounded a little bit too much like my mother's... That surprised me, I mean I surprised me there...
It is now reaching the hour when I am about to take my nighttime dose of my Diamox and I have to say, the headache didn't last very  long and as I said, it wasn't a killer either. It was just there, but that's OK. TONIGHT I AM GOING TO SLEEP LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING and TOMORROW IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment