Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 3: Tired?

Today was my third day of 1500mg of Diamox (down from 2000mg), but it was also my first day taking a new Vitamin C supplement. I went to my nutritionist last night and, along with my regular visit/update, I asked if I should be taking some sort of multivitamin since, with Crohn's disease I don't do so well with vitamin absorbtion. She said I wasn't ready for it yet, but she would keep testing me to se when my body was ready, but then she did say maybe I could start with Vitamin C, since that has always been one of my lowest vitamins.

I took it in the morning with my regular chemical cocktail after breakfast. (I did also wake up pretty early this morning - 5am-ish). Approximately 20-30 minutes after taking all of my medicine, I feel fast asleep on my couch! I think I slept for about an hour, at least. It was crazy, but what was worse was how ridiculously thirsty I was when I woke up! In fact, I actually believe it was the THIRST that woke me up.

So, I know my sleep has been buggy the past couple of days (weeks?)... I don't know if the sleepiness is an effect of the medicine changes or buggy sleep, but I figured I should write it down anyway. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful (symptomatically, anyway) aside from being a little late to take my nighttime Diamox dose. I felt a little uncomfortable at around 10:50pm (I still wasn't home) and began to get a little worried that I would get a bad headache from taking the medicine so long after 10:30pm. When I arrived home at 11pm, it was the first thing I did. I don't know if the lack of comfort was "psychological" or legitimate, but I thought I should write that too.

Tomorrow will be challenging: two Christmas parties. A long day.

I WILL DO THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment